This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dicing with death and stirring the pot

Haven't posted for a few days because I've been doing some other but related tweaking but also because I wanted to take a step back and seriously consider whether I should be doing this or not.

He doesn't do anger management, he does anger suppression. He's always maintained that he won't row with me because he's afraid of what he'll do if he loses his temper. Oh, that was before he changed his story slightly and started claiming that his reluctance to properly engage arose from childhood scarring caused by his parents' rows.

Hmmm...

Anyway I know that if this should ever get back to him and the proverbial hits the fan I could really find a lot of the ground crumbling beneath my feet.

I'm waiting for any money from him to cover this month's bills, yep not a penny since his pay packet went in a couple of days before Christmas. I don't think he's spent it, but if he borrowed the money that was spent just before payday from someone other than his mother and has had to pay it back then I'll not be seeing anything this month and that's not good news with a phone bill waiting to be paid and a credit card bill due to land on the carpet any day now.

This is making me rather nervous, but there's not a lot I can do about it until I see him where I can ask. He went to work at 6:00 this morning and he's off to his mother this afternoon with my daughter.

I worked yesterday afternoon which is a bit of a bonus, as it turns out. The office supervisor had put me down for a day off without telling me. Probably bit of a fiddle - being a public holiday we're paid at double rate for those hours we work. But I am also working this afternoon so in effect I've gained a few hours, and I work Saturday too, so that's a bit more in the kitty.

Never mind the Fat Bastard and his paramour, I do hop my bank manager is reading this.

All of this is leading up to the little ray of sunshine that has popped into my life in the guise of Ally who was working yesterday and seems to have decided he can safely latch on to me while at the same time getting camper by the second. Are the two related?

I hope that he knows what he's doing. With the best will we don't live in a perfect world and youth is not in itself an immunity against prejudice; he works along side a lot of young men not all of whom will be relaxed about this even if this never emerges as anything other than low level sniping. On the other hand now I've met the Big Banana's delightful son I can be quite confident that he'll suffer no prejudice from that quarter.

None of which is having the slightest impact on the Fat Bastard who, if I didn't know better, I would swear is seething with jealousy. He can't seriously think that young Ally is any kind of threat but that's not stopped him declaring, as he did last night "I Can't Stand That Boy!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home