This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Something not connected to the central thread

If the central thread is the unpicking of my disastrous marriage then real life is Something Not Connected, at least in the context of this blog.

I kept forgetting before I finished up for the year that I have a new mobile number on a pay-as-you-go orange chip that the Fat Bastard bought for me because that way I'll cost him less to call (the two of us being on the same service provider now, how romantic is that?) and failed to pass the new number on to my employers, but they've caught up with me now and I have an extra forty-something hours of work through January alone. That should put an extra couple of pounds in my bank account which will provide the bank manager with a modicum of pleasure.

I've not yet had the chance to check out the rosters and find out who I'll be working with. I think that all the extra shifts are supervising rather than cash office hours, but that does mean I'll be sidling up to all those good looking boys. Yummy.

The other good thing is that of all the shifts only two are 9:00 starts so I still get my mornings to do what ever I want - right up to and including hoping back into bed alone and imagining furiously that I'm not (alone that is).

If he hands over some of his money towards the bills I might get my hair cut this month. Not dramatically altered, just neatened for the New Year.

Speaking of getting under the duvet, it is bloody freezing here. The weather forecast this morning said warmer wetter weather would be coming in from the Atlantic thawing things out and then drowning them. Ha. The snow lying about has just crisped over and the warm wet air keeps colliding with the cold air and dropping further drifts of the white stuff. However much the clowns at the Met Office are paid it is TOO MUCH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home