This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Friday, October 27, 2006

Oops

Only inadvertently picking up on the theme provided by Lily in her comment on my Guy of Gisborne post (and if he does float your thingummy, Big Hint - Don't Drool Over The Keyboard) ...

I was a bit premature with the old button pushing. It seems that his dreams of rolling in unearned stuff are edging closer to realisation and he's got a veritable spring in his step this evening. Thank fully he's sprung off to the pub now and I don't have to gaze down from my Olympian heights at the greed-fired glint in his eye.

Mummy's just about sold her (huge) house preparatory to moving into something smaller and for her almost infinitely more sensible and manageable. He's expecting some dosh now as a down payment on the future inheritance. That's more money to squander. The number and total value of the windfalls he's let slip through his fingers makes me want to weep.

Anyhow that will shake things up a bit if it happens. Of course it could all fall through but if it doesn't I have some chance of recouping the money I earned and which he frittered away (without so much as a by-your-leave let alone a consultation).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home