This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Difficult Woman

This has been a very, very BAD day. The Fat Bastard has been up to his tricks again but he realises he's overstepped the mark and there are all sorts of ramifications which include me being fortunate tonight to still have a job. I need to internalise this. Yes that's me again, not using this blog for the purpose for which I intended it. There you go. If you don't like it you can fuck off to. If you're still reading after that crudity...

I love and leave you with the wise words of the wonderful Paul Kelly* who, for the uninitiated is one of Australia's finest singer songwriters. The only recording I have of this song is by the incomparable Renee Geyer, but I always believe that if one holds a recording by Ms Geyer, one needs no other rendition. Here's the words, if you can, get a recording.

Difficult Woman

A difficult woman
Sometimes hurts her friends when she don't mean to
A difficult woman
Makes it hard for the ones she loves
It's easy to do
She's had to be tough all of her life
So she's built herself a wall
She doesn't know how to trust herself
So it's hard for her to trust at all
A difficult woman needs a special kind of friend

A difficult woman
Swings between shame and pride
A difficult woman
Has strong, strong stuff deep inside
And getting her is no easy affair
It's like working a mine
You'd better prepare to pay the price
If it's treasure you want to find
A difficult woman needs a special kind of friend

And living with her is better and worse
Than living with anyone else
She can be cruel or so kind
Oh you got from heaven to hell
If she got what she wanted
If she got what she needed
She wouldn't be hard to understand
A difficult woman needs a special kind of man

* Actually it is Leaps and Bounds that has the capacity to reduce me to tears, a facility matched tonight by the Fat Bastard, but that only takes me back to territory I currently prefer to avoid. Sweet dreams

3 Comments:

  • At 6:59 am, Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said…

    I'm really fiesty tonight...you know how it gets when the drunken husband comes home and he's too clueless to even take your frustrations out on. So...I'm available to come over there and give the Fat Bastard a good telling off :)

    Too bad you are so damned far away. We could swap, since we haven't got the nerve to tell our own spouses off in a way that they really deserve. I'm sure it's much easier to give someone a piece of your mind when you really could care less about their reaction afterwards.

     
  • At 7:00 am, Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said…

    damn...I hit publish before I meant to.

    Also wanted to send a great big hug out to you, you seem like you could use one about now.

    :)

     
  • At 11:45 pm, Blogger Enyo said…

    Thank you for the hugs... I wish someone would take him off my hands, before I kill him preferably. I have hauled myself back onto a roughly even keel and I'm feeling quite a bit better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home