This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

First things first

Lurid headlines on this week's local rag: Local Man Trapped in Car Crash...

But Magda's husband was released from hospital this morning and she was at work today. He had been complaining of lower back pain to paramedics while the fire brigade were working to cut him free but the pain now is in the upper back. He's wrenched everything and will be in pain for a while. Fortunately he's young and fit and so he's expected to make a good recovery.

I haven't had the heart to tell him that while I felt great for many years afterwards I can once again feel the pain that is the consequence of breaking three bones in the lower part of my spine when I was 15 years old. And I know that now, it isn't going to get any better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home