This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Where was I?

Um, well, I did draft something back on Thursday, which I must go back and read (although I'll probably bin it as I would most things I post having given them mature consideration).

Couple of reasons for prolonged silence not the lesser of which is that I've been sick almost all week with some wretched bug that gave me a shockingly sore throat for several days and then knocked me completely sideways.

The other thing is that the Fat Bastard has not actually done much to upset me, not anything really major at least.

We ducked and weaved our way through a quite hectic social week last week and came out at the other end almost intact. Now we've got the house coming together for Christmas and have scraped together enough money to have quite a good one AND I (seemingly, fingers crossed) induced some sensible decisions.

We have a collection of materials from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts for his mother; dealing with, well, fine art. Problem is the books are accompanied by videos and his mother doesn't have a video player anymore. They aren't dear and the books weren't cheap so I've hinted that he should approach her two sisters with a view to planting in their minds the idea of buying her, between them, a new video player. One of them has a Makro(?, spelling?) store card so one ought be bought at a very reasonable price.

This idea appeals and he says he's going to run it by them tomorrow; if he's successful we will have a little more money that is NOT going out on something insane. Plus he's accepted that buying the digital radio set up would be financial stupidity of the highest order (or as I put it "we don't really need to spend that money on ourselves right now") when we still have bills coming in that we have absolutely no way of paying. Come the early months of the new year I'll be bringing in a bit more but at the same time the income support we've been enjoying will be scaled back so I'm not sure whether it will actually be worth doing the extra hours.

It must be the time of year but I really am feeling remarkably charitable towards him and even his mother.

So much so that the conversation I had with Jo in the office today didn't worry me one bit. It was sparked off by Jo spotting her ex-husband in one of the queues. Turns out he has a love child only six months younger (or older, I can't remember which) than one of their two daughters, which piece of information was presented as some kind of significant partial explanation for their divorce.

Well that led to me admitting that I'd lived in dread for years that I would learn the hard way that my un-dear husband was shagging his way fairly indiscriminately across town and that everyone was sniggering behind my back over 'the poor little woman', when in fact all I wanted him was to find some dim broad who would take him off my hands.

One little nugget of information then passed from Jo's lips; seems the Fat Bastard really hadn't made much pretence all the time he was up there before I joined ... to the extent that he did actually discuss with Hammond moving to the USA to join The Other Matter I Haven't Yet Said Much About.

Thank God I have other sources of self-esteem, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home