This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ouch

Oh dear, my baby is thinking of her maternal grandmother... and I would love her maternal grandmother to know that her grand-daughter in this wretched place thinks of her, particularly at this time of year.

This is going to be a painful Christmas in so many ways. I'm going to be here, yet again so far, far away from all my family and those long term friends I treasure. I'm going to be here, and flat broke and living in fear of the court order and the bailiff, and a spectator at my husband's frenzied spending.

Not only does he expect the Christmas lunch to come with all the trimmings but he expects too, to spend money on big ticket, lovely but utterly non-essential items such as the digital radio system. And I'll put on a happy smiley face while inwardly I'll be churning that come January one or both of us will be carted off to be put before a judge who'll send us away for financial irresponsibility.

At least, this week, I've worked nearly full time, but after tax that's likely to be about £150.00 for the whole week. I suppose that is £600 for a month, assuming I get the same number of hours each week but it is not highly likely.

On the other hand Gill is off to have her growth and her uterus removed tomorrow, Theresa has similar 'woman's' problems and Marian has some unspecified chronic health problem that might take her off at any moment. Then there's Louisa who is five months pregnant. That leaves Jo, Angela and me as the only reasonably fit and healthy people on the team for the next few months so the prospects of additional hours on a regular basis are good.

My bank manager would be pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home