This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bah Humbug Number Two

No Christmas 'Do' with work colleagues again this year.

Last year I'd only been there a few days when the invitations came in. Yes, that's invitations, plural. In bewilderment as much as poverty I declined them all. I'd already been stung in saying yes to the Secret Santa Stupidity only to find out that the stipulated spend was £15.

This year the same sort of farce has been developing. I could see it coming and so said yes to the first invitation I received and that I could accept (no clash, within reach, etc etc). I didn't make a song and dance about my decision making process or the result, but when that came out this week all hell broke loose. Quite bluntly the rest of the management team made it clear I should tell the organiser of the event I'd accepted for that I didn't want to go to her (and the adjective used was poxy) Christmas meal - I'd prefer to swan off with the rest of the White Shirts (all 7) for a slap up meal out of town.

So in a spectacular example of cutting off the nose to spite the face I've now said I'm not going to anybody's sodding Christmas dinner. If they can't set aside their differences and their tribalism for one evening, and at Christmas of all times of the year, then I don't bloody well want to sit down to eat with them.

Bah!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 pm, Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said…

    has blogger gone nuts again? I keep going days without it updating blogger sites and then suddenly a whole mess of posts will show up.

    Kinda makes me glad I have my blog on my own domain. I'd be seriously frustrated having to deal with this.

    Hope all is well there!!

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home