This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bizarre Valentine's Day

Yesterday we went over to the house of another couple for dinner with the offspring in tow. I knew about this so far in advance I'd semi-forgotten about it and at no stage did I put the date together with the Saint's Day and make any kind of connection.

The Fat Bastard and his mate went off and shopped and I took the offspring round when the meal was almost ready ... a full chinese menu starting with Crispy Duck followed by a selection including a beef/mushroom dish, ribs, sweet and sour chicken, chicken chow mein, a vegetable stir fry, rice etc etc.

We watched a bit of telly, including the highlights of the third and deciding match in the finals series between the Aussies and the Sri Lankans at the Gabba (which we won, naturally; oh what an aberration was the summer just past).

Eventually we packed up and came home ... I had one or two things to do before I went up to bed and as he passed me on his way upstairs he wished me a Happy Valentine's Day.

How bizarre is that?

Well, all things considered I would have to say that one a scale of 0 - 10 it is a moment that scores a big fat dozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home