This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Week Today

It has been quite a week one way or another ... what with the spectacular news of a mutual friend's son, more of which anon.

I did get my money out of him having had to take the direct approach on Tuesday morning. There I was minding my own business at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee, planning to spend the rest of the morning in bed with a fantasy, and then I catch a snippet on the radio which is playing in the background.

It is the last day for getting in tax forms ... twenty minutes later I was bailing up at work for petrol money so I could get to the nearest tax office and back again. That was a close shave.

I still have one or two other matters to straighten out with Inland Revenue, before I get myself into seriously deep smelly stuff.

In the meantime his little flirtation with bleach seems to have faded to nothing. No tell-tale wiping sounds from the bathroom in the morning, and no clunk of the seat going up and coming back down again after wards (which is the acceptable alternative).

Right now he's back from work and tucked away in his bedroom, either asleep or cybering with his lady friend in Philadelphia.

Of course I could be wrong about that, but they've been on and off for twenty something years now, so if they are off at the moment I've still got no good grounds for believing it is over for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home