This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Men's toilet habits

I may well be obsessed by male toilet habits, but I'm not the only one. As so often happens I think myself a complete antediluvian only to discover I'm actually riding the crest of the wave.

Now news reaches me via the Magazine supplement in Saturday's edition of The Times that grapples with the vexed and therefore rarely debated question of why men stand to take a piss (or as the correspondent Tina Gaudoin put it: Why is it frowned upon for men to sit down when they pee?)

Among the little factoids she, the correspondent, dispenses are five confessionals extracted inside the past 12 months from men of her acquaintance to the effect that they do in fact, though not always, sit down. According to one this most often happens when he's tired, or its late (or he's drunk according to his wife).

The correspondent who in addition to living with a husband shares her home with a tribe of growing male children plays almost all the same chords : seat left in the upright position, splashing. Apparently she's been spared the seat not being put into the upright position before standing...

And that brought her to MAPSU: Mothers Against Peeing Standing Up, which may or may not be a joke... but is no the less worthy a venture for all that. Check out the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home