This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Friday, February 16, 2007

Has spring sprung?

Crystal clear really. I'm gonna scrub that man right out of my house. The minute the fat bastard is gone out come the chemicals, the scrubbing brushes and I'm off. Today I had help from all sorts of quarters and we got through wall and floor scrubbing, vacuuming and dusting, nine loads of washing, a thorough going over for the bathroom and the kitchen, furniture hauled about and cleaned behind, seven bags of rubbish collected together and put out for collection. I even started on the garden (well, I got outside, looked at it and began to draft a plan of action).

Most things can be done one to one-and-a-half handed, as I am discovering. I have to beware of under utilising my right hand while avoiding too much strain while the bones continue to knit. A fine line to tread.

The piece-de-resistance was making inroads into the slum that is his domain. Half of it has been largely cleared, vacuumed, dusted and washed down. Of course I've achieved that much by throwing and kicking the crap from the now cleard side on to the pre-existing pile on the other side. That's his problem for whenenver he gets back whether it be late tonight or early tomorrow. I left him a string of cups, glasses and mugs I uncovered that have stuff growing in the bottom, plus a severely shrivelled ex-carrot, as examples of what I don't expect to find in the bedroom of a self-respecting adult of 46 years. I threw away very little from his room (mostly cigarette packet tops - that bit of paper you have to rip at to get at the cancer sticks, and similarly obvious crap). I was quite diligent in gathering up the scattered loose change and putting it in a jar on his dresser - which I dusted and washed down. Oh, and I rescued a couple of my books which he's 'borrowed'.

Then we all sat down and ate a take away. Now it's back to just B and me, and she is up in bed asleep. I won't be far behind.

10 wicket defeat today, bloody hell! Hand aches, so that's it. Feels good to be back-ish. Hello, everyone and good-night.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Michelle said…

    So good to see you back at the keyboard. It must be more than frustrating for you. Best wishes, Michelle. P.S. I think our cricketers are suffering from fatigue. It is SO embarrassing for us here as Aust. is full of Poms and Kiwis who are making the most of this glitch.

     
  • At 7:59 am, Blogger Lily said…

    Darn, now I know why I am so housework-phobic...I'm quite happy with him indoors at the moment. Perhaps if he really pissed me off I would feel more inclined to dig out the duster? Poor chap is only home at the weekends and most of Saturday I'm doing time with my mother. Still, could probably squeeze in a teensy row somewhere, lord knows the house needs it.

     
  • At 3:03 pm, Blogger Postgrad said…

    I have a cleaner.....hence no cleaning for me in swindon.

     
  • At 7:28 pm, Blogger Lily said…

    Will ye no come back again?

     
  • At 4:22 pm, Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said…

    I think she needs some poking...

    *poke*

    *poke*


    Let's see if that works. LOL

    :)

     
  • At 12:34 am, Blogger Lily said…

    Don't we all, dear, don't we all. Sigh.

     
  • At 12:03 am, Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said…

    I'm sending good thoughts and hoping that you recover enough to come back and spend some time with us.

    *hugs*

    :)

     
  • At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello members,

    I am just joined here and , fatiguing to learn some things here.

    Sorry for my bad english i m Belarus

    Thanks.


    [url=http://www.camspotadult.com]camspotadult.com[/url]

     
  • At 9:33 am, Anonymous Addwin Net said…

    Ini info lengkap untuk pendidikan khususnya yang mau beli skripsi bisa di lihat di Jual Skripsi. Simak juga blog saya yang tidak kalh menarik untuk mencari lirik lagu, visit on List Lirik Lagu Lengkap

     

Post a Comment

<< Home