This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Get Rich QUICK scheme

Blue plaque ahoy. The powers that be have contacted his mother and she has reciprocated. A commemorative knees-up to mark the commemorative marquing of the house will take place. Arrangements (including invite list) are being put in place; seems I'm on it. Please, please I win the lottery (I only need half a million quid, and I'll go quietly - promise!). I'll tell the entire show to sit on it and swivel. I don't need a swanky cocktail party thrown by someone else to the memory of some obscure third party to make me feel good about myself.

What I do need is compensation for the flat and car and small savings I had (once upon a time). The figure quoted above takes the losses into account and builds in a modicum of capacity for independence.

In the mean time I'll trudge back up the hill to my day job to earn the money that keeps the roof over our head and the food on our table.

Some small compensation came my way, today. D was back in, flashing that totally indecently gorgeous smile. He's stopped growing upwards and started to feel comfortable with his height which has done him no end of good (not that there was anything faulty with the aesthetic, he just looks so much more grown up). And I've stopped feeling like a child molester every time I think to myself how utterly gorgeous he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home