This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sexy Beast

Yes the phone's gorgeous (it did arrive yesterday in the late afternoon when it was no longer raining quite hard enough to flood us out).

By that time the offspring had been given weekend release and the Fat Bastard was back from work so I didn't have a chance to savour my phone in privacy.

Immediately it became clear that I'd been misled: no SIM card with the phone. I'd been told by the sales person (Chris) that I'd spoken to at one point towards the end of the grisly process that I'd get a new SIM card accompanying the new upgrade phone. In my not at all humble opinion it is reasonable to interpret the word 'accompanying' to mean 'travelling together' and thus arriving at the same time.

After getting myself suitably steamed up by reading the fine print I dialled their damned 0870 number again and settled down to endure interminable Thunderclap Newman again.

By way of ensuring that I was in the ideal frame of mind for the conversation I was about to have I made my way to Customer Loyalty via the Carphone Warehouse's diabolical menu which culminates with a demand for sensitive personal information. I had thought that by providing bank account details to The System the previous day and resetting the PIN I'd surrendered to The System and given myself over to it. But no - to my fury I was required once more to provide that information. By the time I had another human being on the other end of the line I was once more ripe for murder. Ever time he opened his mouth to apologise I gave him another barrel load of complaint.

Before long he was emailing 'management' with what he told me was details of my complaint and request for further compensation but what was probably a plea to be rescued.

I haven't even finished yet. Those mendacious bastards at Carphone Warehouse (and particularly the representative Kate I dealt with in regard to the upgrade) claimed that the cheque would be sent 'automatically' and three months after the contract renewal. But according to the literature the cheque isn't sent as one lump sum but in three instalments, and isn't sent automatically but rather has to be claimed by sending off copies of the previous four monthly bills or statements.

The young lad who had the misfortune to deal with me yesterday afternoon took details of telephone number and times I'd be available to discuss further compensation with someone from 'management'. And added that if I haven't heard from anyone by Tuesday morning the deal's off and they can send their bloody courier to take the whole bloody lot back again at their own expense. By my calculation that should claw back from their bottom line what ever profit they've made from my calls to their bloody 0870 number.

Ironically I'd only been reading this week about the website SAYNOTO0870.COM but due to the publicity it has been receiving in the media it has been difficult to reach. This morning I've been able to get through and now I'm armed with a freephone number (assuming it does work) so no more profiteering from my misery for Carphone Warehouse. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home