This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

On the other hand

Yesterday there was a thumping at the door from my very pleasant but rather alarmingly muscular post-lady with a big buff envelope I had to sign for. I could only think of one thing that would be coming to me by registered post and I wasn't expecting that for months so I was a bit mystified. But the envelope was undoubtedly addressed to me so I signed for it, brought it inside, flipped it over and discovered that it was from the people I wasn't expecting to hear anything from for ... oh ... maybe even a good year or two if they really took their time.

Hats off to IND who have excelled themselves, turning my application for a visa renewal around in less than the minimum turn around being quoted on their web site.

Public servants are all too often derided as work-shy sponging layabouts (and all too often they're worth the criticism), but someone did a fine job of work and whoever you may be I salute you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home