This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I can't wait

for this week to be over. Even the prospect of spending four whole days in close proximity to the Fat Bastard looks enticing after what's gone on so far, and it's only TUESDAY.

The cat's decided that he doesn't like the pain killers. Well that's fine. Except they're also anti-inflamatories so he really should be taking them. Silly sod. He's decided that discretion is the better part of valour and used the litter tray once or twice. Which constitutes progress of sorts.

The Fat Bastard was supposed to come up and get his photograph done using our photobooth but FORGOT even though this is crucial material for the visa application. MORON.

More problematic: I can't find his passport. The damned thing's been floating around the house, I'm sure I've seen it fairly recently but right now WHEN I NEED IT I can't lay my hands on the effing thing. Fortunately I have a photocopy. I have to hope that'll be good enough. I wasted a morning already trying to find it, turned the damned house upside down. Somehow I managed to hurt my knee.

This morning my knee had a twinge but as the afternoon progressed (and I was up and down and up and down sorting out one problem after another) it got worse and worse and WORSE. All the time I was walking in such a way as to ease the strain on my knee and that upset my hips which started to complain rather LOUD and then, finally, about 8:00pm my back got in the act. Bearing in mind how VERY OLD and BATTLE SCARRED I am it shouldn't be any wonder that I have a few aches and pains.

I broke several bones in my spine as a teenager and my lower back is prone to taking umbrage at being required to do THE WRONG SORT OF WORK. It takes a bit to bring tears to my eyes but by the end of my shift I was white faced and watery-eyed. I HAD HAD ENOUGH.

I left getting my own photographs done until too late in the day: the ones that came out of the machine were dreadful (and I'm not being the least bit GIRLY about this - they looked like images of someone who had her mind elsewhere, and mine was in the drug cabinet romancing the paracetemol.)

I'm off to bed now, perchance to sleep. (Apologies for the shouty bits.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home