This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Friday, August 18, 2006

I work for fools (the post script)

This is the post script to what happened at work on Wednesday which I wrote about here or a couple of posts ago...

I worked the afternoon/evening shift again yesterday, walked into the office at 1:00pm to find there was some kerfuffle over the 'favour' I'd done someone during the previous evening. I've been left wishing so much that what I'd done at the end of Wednesday I'd done deliberately but alas it was merely the inadvertent consequence of their tediously ill-mannered behaviour.

Right...

Recap is that all sorts of problems arose because some peasant called in and without the courtesy of identifying himself had me doing all sorts of boring running around and I later pointed out so someone else (who commiserated with me at length) that if the Peasant hadn't been so rude a whole lot of misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.

Later another call came in asking that a 'favour' be done, again by someone who couldn't be arsed to let me know who I was dealing with. Well I did the favour requested for the Peasant.

Well... yesterday morning my colleagues were left running around sorting things out because the person who'd wanted the favour done hadn't received the information I'd compiled and emailed to him ... because I'd made the mistake of assuming that the person making the request was the same peasant I'd been dealing with earlier. But I was wrong. The second peasant was the same person who'd commiserated with me over Peasant No. 1's behaviour.

As I said I do wish I'd deliberately sent the info to the wrong person to make a point, but I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home