This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pool Watch No. 4

Wooo Hooo..

Just for the avoidance of doubt the reason for the lengthy gap between Pool Watch posts is the total lack of progress on the pool front.

But ...

Today the Big Fat Bastard went out into the garden and quite possibly worked himself into a state of slightly less fat Fatness. The hole in the garden is very appreciably larger both in depth and diameter (we're aiming to dig a circle, since the 'thing' is round).

I say 'we', though I've had nowt to do with the digging, at least up to now. But tomorrow I shall venture forth armed with my shovel and, well, shovel.

The offspring now knows why we're digging a hole in the garden, which actually is a relief given how obvious the reason for the digging. We might have a pool by the weekend, which is also rather obvious actually. After an unbroken spell of weather with maximum temperatures of mid-30s stretching back oh, at least a couple of weeks we're told to expect temperatures to plummet back to low twenties by Sunday.

Our little shopping trip went rather well. The offspring has new shoes for the new school year in September (yes, I did say I'd leave that until nearer the end of the hols). We also acquired some supplementary maths work-books as I'm quite determined to put the crappy teaching of the crappy curriculum behind us to whatever extent is possible.

We've decided to go on a bug hunt tomorrow, which is my day off. We shall head off towards the nature reserve armed with sarnies, drinks and my trusty digital camera.

Work was crappy in all the usual ways and also rather enjoyable too. The eye candy quotient was definitely up. D was in fine form. He isn't particularly good looking in any conventional sense and he isn't in the least bit aware of his particular charm; once he begins to recognise it, provided he has some aptitude for learning he's going to set someone alight in the most almighty way. In the meantime he's a quite delightful object to rest my weary eyes on in the evenings.

Am off to bed now in the vain hope that I'll be able to dig the offspring out and get things (such as Bug Hunt) actually done.

Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home