This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The holiday camp post

I haven't had enough time to do more than skim the surface of the Council survey but it looks like it could be fun.

The letters (yes, plural; there were two) from the holiday camp operators were not such fun. Neither was a demand for money with (or without) menaces, which does tend to suggest to me that either the Fat Bastard or his mother has paid the balance. Almost certainly a telephone number would have been provided with the application so it isn't out of the question that a direct verbal enquiry after the balance has been made and the monies forward.

The envelopes contained confirmation of the 'joining instructions' and guardian authorities. Shit. This thing is happening in less than a fortnight and I can feel myself being rail-roaded (again). The timing couldn't be worse since its about then I have to submit my visa renewal to the Home Office and I think that on the actual day in question I'm supposed to be working. If he does send her away while I'm at work the consequences could be catastrophic. I'll have to slog cross-country to fetch her back for one thing but it isn't clear the extent to which I'll have to involve lawyers.

Has he forged my signature (again)?

How do I prove that I've withheld permission for her to be removed from the family home and my guardianship to be at this camp. Will my employer be understanding about an abrupt and unplanned absence? How will he react to me standing my ground? Will he be sullen (as usual) or violent (which would be something new). Basically he's always used his immense bulk and glowering looks as a potent threat. Don't push me too far or I'll explode.

From time to time I've wondered if I shouldn't push him that far (by which I mean make clear I'll no longer put up with the lying, cheating and so forth) and get hit once. Never a feminist but perhaps I'm being really stupid here and I should manipulate the system to my advantage. The problems are that on the one hand I don't find the idea of being hit by a 17 stone ex-rugby player appealing and on the other he might do serious damage if he ever completely lost control.

All in all this has put me in a crappy mood. The other alternative is that these people are trading on the assumption that either we've paid up (administrative cock-up at their end) or we know we haven't but will do (at the last minute). I simply don't know; if I were less tired I'd ask even though I know it would wind up with him sulking.

This survey better be good; I need something to lighten the load.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home