This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I haven't a clue

what to call this post.

Sometimes I hate that Title box. It sits there, blank, the cursor flicking at me sadistically intimidating. Do ya feel creative punk? Well do ya? Go ahead, make my day.

Saturday night I screwed up but it was ok in a sense because I was covering someone who'd trained me the previous week, and the person who had to clean up the mess I made of things dislikes the person who'd done the training more than she dislikes me. Go figure.

Last night we played happy families and survived, though I've lost my favourite sunglasses which is seriously annoying because they suit my face so well and quite coincidentally are also the only ones I paid serious money for.

We're also planning a trip away in August (but not the one which entailed spending a week in some isolated cottage in the lake district with the mother-in-law).

In the meantime a couple of items of post came through. The first is from the County Council who have elected to spend the back taxes I paid a few weeks ago by issuing a questionnaire to residents. The survey consists of 9 pages and "should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete".

This is a council that recently advised us it plans to switch off the lights after dark in an effort to reduce energy demand and thereby do its bit to save the planet or something. I haven't time to read the damned thing before I go off to work (which I have to do very soon now), but I suspect I might be able to have some fun with it.

The other piece of post that came through today is yet another letter from the people running the holiday camp my soon-to-be ex-mother-in-law unilaterally signed my daughter up for. I guess they're still demanding the balance of their fee. They can whistle for it as far as I'm concerned.

PS I actually wrote this before I went to work and have no idea why I saved it as a draft rather than posting it. I could say I hadn't spell-checked it (and I still haven't) but I rarely do check the spelling before publishing - something you might well have noticed. In the mean time I have realised that of course, in addition to saving the planet and a few pennies as well, the Council will have additional funds to pay for the extra police required to run down all the muggers, vandals, rapists, thieves and murderers who will think all their Christmases have come at once when the lights go out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home