This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I am now in SUCH a good mood

The other day I happened to spot a couple of films I've been wanting to see at a good price (on a buy 2 for... type deal) and picked them up.

Simple, no agenda, really. None at all. One was the sequel to a film I'd enjoyed (The Bourne Supremacy following on the Identity). I was disappointed by the sequel. It was rather flat and linear, seemed to lack the intricacy of the original; though since I've not read the books I don't know who to hold responsible for that.

Anyway I also watched, while the Fat Bastard was out at the pub, the second film. It is different at every level. Small in every sense. Shot over twelve days, on an indie budget, from an original script, using good actors without recourse to CGI or any stunt work. A simple and intriguing premise; one which a lot of people bought into. The film was a critical and commercial success. I watched the film, enjoyed it and evaluated it as I would any other film - against the weight of the totality of my experience.

I let on to the Fat Bastard that I'd picked it up and so this evening saw the two of us perched side by side though a few feet apart watching this film. Afterwards he ran off to the pub with this rather peculiar look of relief on his face and only then did it occur to me that I might, sub-consciously, have been making some kind of statement. Well the look on his face was definitely worth the price of the two DVDs.

The film in question was Photo Booth.

If you've seen it, think about it. If you haven't, rent it. I guess even if he does know about the blog he's beginning to appreciate that things could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home