This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Bits and pieces

On edge at the moment because of uncertainty surrounding our financial position. Sometimes lay all the figures our and swear I'll get there; other times I look at the figures and think I'm stuck here for eternity - that there will never be anything more than squalor and filth and lies and scraping from one month to the next.

His latest wheeze is to join one of the local sailing clubs. He doesn't know what the joining fee would be or the annual membership fee, but he thinks it would be a good ides.

He is an idiot.

But I did this morning discover something rather curious. At the risk of appearing to have a toilet (wc) obsession I was awake and alert enough to pay close auditory attention to his ablutions this morning. Long and loud, but no simultaneous farting to report. It was after the long steady stream had petered out that the interesting bit came. Distinctly I heard him unwind some loo roll and wipe something down with meticulous care. So he can't be arsed to lift and drop the seat, but when he's sober he will go to the trouble of cleaning it afterwards.

How sweet and thoughtful.

The money 'thing' is not good, although the only very immediate pressure seems to be coming fro the water company, from whom I have three red letters sitting by the front door. Only problem is that with Christmas and the birthday I have absolutely no money, or rather I have a magnificent £2 and some shrapnel, which isn't going to get me very far in this life though it might help getting me in with the right-on crowd in the next. He was paid last Thursday.

A little bit of it coming my way would be helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home