This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, January 23, 2006

The Plot Thickens

Been at work this afternoon. Loads to record: some of it flattering, some of it aggravating, some of it downright hilarious (but probably only if you were there at the time).

Also some of it rather bathetic.

But anyway the thing I've found time to report (after a couple of glasses of Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cab. 2004)

We were in the office, chatting as colleagues will. El Supremo was there along with a couple of others and some how the Fat Bastard's conduct came up... and before he could help himself ES mentioned The Fat Bastard's Nervous Breakdown.

The Fat Bastard's Nervous Breakdown.

He spotted my amused disbelief and began back-pedalling at a tremendous rate of knots... the more I've thought about this since the more I suspect that there might be something in this, and that the Fat Bastard might just have legitimately claimed some kind of collapse - something at least akin to a Nervous Breakdown.

The story in short is that the Fat Bastard may or may not at some point in the past have claimed or hinted at a Nervous Breakdown. Some probing of Manager's Assistant Z suggests that this event supposedly occurred between the job he was claiming to have held immediately before joining the company we now work for and coming here, which she named and which happens to be the job he was allegedly doing some time before I left my Management Consulting job (ie, 2002 at the latest).

The problems with this story are several. For one thing in between working for the MOD (or not working for the MOD as the truth may be) and working for our current employer the Fat Bastard held down at least one other job; that of weed sprayer in ordinary for a local firm.

So the Fat Bastard falsified his employment record. But therein lies a problem for me: it suggests he put the MOD down on his application which, presumably, was checked as mine was.

Hmmm

But back to that Nervous Breakdown.

I know for a fact that the Fat Bastard didn't have a nervous breakdown anytime between 2001 and 200(now) because that is precisely the period during which he rekindled the affair with that poor deluded fool from Philadelphia, PA.

No change in behaviour, no change in habit. Same old lying, deceiving, indolent, squalid bastard.

But ....

In the period before that which currently I've recounted, in the distant past before I thought I was losing my mind and the realised I wasn't I went through a period of wondering whether he needed psychiatric help.

And possibly in the distant days when I cared, when I looked at him and wanted only to help I saw something clearly that in the intervening years has become obscured by pain and hurt. This is a very sick puppy, and I should not be so angry with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home