This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What goes through my mind in the middle of the night

Not surprisingly I didn't sleep last night. This was partly because of how dumb I was yesterday and partly because I went to bed stone cold sober; nothing like getting this back in proportion.

Something hit me in the depths of the night when I was tossing and turning and wondering if I would ever get to sleep, but I've been able to check that however big my mistake yesterday it was not as big as I'd begun to fear.

Of course the irony is that having eventually drifted off I woke feeling ... well ... hung-over. Memo to self: drink less Coca-Cola in the hours before turning in. Bonus is I don't see the Fat Bastard before he left for work at around 6:40 (bear in mind he's supposed to be present and ready to start work at 6:00). This is more grist to the mill when it comes to giving the bastard the sack.

Am off to work this p.m. having been less than discrete when last in ... trouble is the office staff are all middle aged women who, with a couple of exceptions share my jaundiced views. Why should I care when I know that he made no secret his holiday breaks without his family were visits to Philadelphia to spend time with his love-struck (dim, dumb, foolish, stupid, bonkers, crazy, loony, crackers, moronic) girlfriend.

Memo to self: must tote up how much he's cost her over the years in terms of flights, hotel accommodation, internal travel, clothes, food, drink and entertainment. Even in the USA it must come to something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home