This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

We live in hope

In the past half hour we've had thunder, lightening and great chunks of ice pelting down - note, not hail (neat little white spheres of ice) but genine chunks of ice; some cubed, some looking like the chippings from an ice-climb. In fact the temptation as I watched my garden turn white from the safety of my kitchen was to nip out (under the protection of an umbrella, of course) to gather up a bit.

Of course the best thing about this dramatic weather was the delay to this afternoon's festivities but the sky has cleared and the racket has set up: sadly it looks as if I will now have to go out and watch the tawdry bloody fireworks display that marks the absolute end of this long, drawn out week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home