This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Up, up and then back down to earth

I have fits of enthusiasm for my job. I tend not to worry about this a great deal, as they tend to pass quite quickly. My current fit of enthusiasm has coincided with final confirmation that another of the admin. staff who has been on maternity leave will not now be returning.

From a financial point of view this has been good news for me... I've been working a lot of extra hours per week since her leave began and I've now been offered those hours on a long term basis. So that's my hours up, and we still need an extra body so I can push to get my weekends back.

Another colleague who is struggling with endometriosis and stress related to the fact that she's in a job she absolutely loathes got married almost three weeks ago (remember my big night out on my first ever Hen Night?). Well she was due back on Tuesday, but instead she phoned in ill. Then when she dropped in the note about her illness she added, almost as an afterthought, that she had decided to quit and was therefore handing in her 'notice'.

Immediately I went another notch up the ladder, oh to the heady heights of deputy chief paper-pusher.

Then the following morning (yesterday) she decided that she isn't actually depressed and she's withdrawn her resignation and I'm back down at the bottom of the ladder.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home