This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, September 18, 2006

No idea

I got up this morning, took a long look at the house and then decided I'd be best of going back to bed.

Unfortunately I couldn't ... the infant can't yet get herself up, dresssed, breakfasted and to school without some 'encouragement' and assistance. So I hauled myself about the place endeavouring all the while not to see the writing on the wall (and the detritus on pretty much every other surface - three people and a cat live in this house; one spends all her time cleaning up after the other two and driving herself nuts in the process)

I worked at home this morning then took myself off to the job that actually pays ...

By the end of that eight hour shift I was in no mood to be entertained by any amount of Green Bombs, though the story about the chinese bloke who had a 10" penis grafted on to replace an original lost in an industrial accident - only to have it amputated a fortnight later at the request of his wife did capture my attention for a nanosecond or three.

This week's highlights include a senior teacher at my daughter's school coming in and in her pathetically plaintive voice insisting that her card had been cloned in our store back in January so she was very, very, very distressed that when the chip and pin system fell over on the weekend we'd taken her card away so as to obtain transaction authorisation manually.

Baseless allegations of card cloning are so welcome when delivered in the middle of the shop floor. Just what we need to bolster consumer confidence.

Then we had the jerk with his arm in a sling and his trousers at half mast. He's been around a lot and I only learned tonight that he's been issued with a banning order - not for theft but for abusive behaviour. Sure enough he was on form tonight. Foul mouthed and threatening towards one of my colleagues he was run out and then reported to the police who tonight have him in custody.

The pustule covered yoot from last week was in again but since he hasn't yet received his banning order I could only stand helpless as he came in and, being fair, purchased what ever it was he wanted.

The clown prince tonight was the thug who slipped in and got to the drinks aisle where he gathered up a bottle of what later turned out to be Southern Comfort. He headed out of the drinks aisle in the wrong direction and I managed to catch him attempting to slip out the other exit (with the bottle in his back pack)

He can expect a banning order as soon as we can get one drafted up and get around to his home (he lives next door to the grandmother of the shop floor staffer who spotted him - OOPs).

After all that I got home and the Fat Bastard was in one of his droning moods.

In all honesty no amount of good news from caring, kind sensitive bomb makers or foolish chinese could amuse me so I'm off to bed.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home