This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, August 14, 2006

Sometimes I slay myself

Well when you're a fifty foot tall Greek Goddess with attitude these things are inevitable. But in this case I have to 'mit to being a tad slow off the mark. All those thousands of years (it only feels like it) and the light has only now gone on.

I've been reflecting on his passivity. Ironic really considering how much fear he can instil. But it's there, and it always has been, and it has always been apparent too. The whole thing's only clicking into place now which is a damned nuisance as I've hauled myself finally into a position wherein I ought to have the luxury of not having to think about him at all. But there it is to worry about when the house is silent and I really haven't anything better to do.

So I've been contemplating his tendency to let life happen to him, events to wash over him, experience to envelop him without ever actually touching him, exciting him, enervating him. He just is ... a big vacuum around which life swirls. I've been contemplating this passivity and then the light bulb went PING!

Because passivity is half of the equation as the following list (not definitive) shows.

Occasionally I love lists. Someone showed me an article once which was headed something along the lines of Twenty Tell Tale Signs That Your Boss Is A Psychopath... I read the list and realised that I could tick off about seventeen of the twenty evaluated against my husband The Fat Bastard. Funny really as it was the Fat Bastard himself who'd shown me the article. I'm pretty sure that lacking empathy and an absence of self awareness were in there somewhere ....

Anyway back to being Passive-Aggressive .... this is the list:
  • Ambiguity
  • Avoiding responsibility by claiming forgetfulness [CHECK CHECK]
  • Blaming others [CHECK]
  • Chronic lateness and forgetfulness [CHECK CHECK CHECK]
  • Complaining
  • Does not express hostility or anger openly [CHECK]
  • Fear of competition
  • Fear of dependency
  • Fear of intimacy
  • Fears authority
  • Fosters chaos [CHECK]
  • Intentional inefficiency [CHECK CHECK]
  • Making excuses and lying [CHECK CHECK CHECK]
  • Obstructionism [CHECK]
  • Procrastination [CHECK CHECK CHECK]
  • Resentment [CHECK]
  • Resists suggestions from others [CHECK CHECK]
  • Sarcasm [CHECK]
  • Sullenness [CHECK CHECK CHECK]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home