This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

His mother's son

I'm sure that she was grateful for the call she received today, the day after the procedure she underwent to remove a tissue sample for biopsy. At least I'm assured that he did call his mother to find out how she's doing, just keep in contact with her in lieu of a visit. I got back in at a little after 9:00pm pottered around a while, made myself some salad and in passing asked if he'd called his mother. He was, he assured me, about to call her. This was at about 10pm. He ducked out of the house with a drink in one hand a packet of fags in the other. He makes his calls from the lane because "he can't get a signal in the house". Hmmmmn I can can and our mobile phones are on the same network.

Anyway, I'm sure she appreciated being disturbed by the call from her thoughtful caring only child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home