This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Moppet Update

Went to bed, woke up. The guys are still underground, still alive. The last metre is proving difficult...

But I woke up to the story getting substantial air time, and it has been returned to (though with complete with explanation from apologetic journo - in Sydney, so close to events - that Launceston is pronounced, well Launceston [lawn-cess-ton and not properly as in l-ow'n'ston] and that Beaconsfield is pronounced, well, Beaconsfield [bee-cons-field, rather than properly as in beck-ons-field].

I now have to go and get dressed for work; hopefully for the sake of the two men the story will come to a happy ending while I'm out. Perhaps when I get home I'll have the time to figure out why someone would visit this blog and leave the random comment "Losers...pathetic locers (sic).", unless its his girlfriend and she actually thinks we're as stupid as each other.

Now there's a thought to annoy me all day.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Launceston is pronounced Lawn-cess-ton by mainland Australians. Tasmanians pronounce it Lon-cess-ton, where the first syllable rhymes with 'upon'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home