This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Oops

My computer had a nervous breakdown (personally I think it was just a cry for help). I've had a morning off while a friend has done unspeakable things to its insides and things seem to be up and running?

So now I have a backlog of correspondence and lamentation - to Matthew who has probably given up hearing from me I owe a mea culpa, though I still think a simple eg XXn(n) nXX would be a safety net for hapless idiots like me, to Tom who deserves a follow up and to others I'll get back to when I finish work tonight which might at this rate be around 10. And yes, to those this means anything to I do have the remnants of humble pie all over my face if its any consolation.

I'm particularly disappointed that my poor computer chose this of all weeks to fall over when Charles Clarke has chosen it, of all weeks, to render any criticism of his performance as Education Secretary and past performance in his current job so last year. My mouth has been agape at the spectacle Clarke's made of himself over the release back into the British community of foreign convicted criminals - we're talking murders and rapists here, not pickpockets and fare dodgers, at the end of their sentences (without even an examination of the possibility of deportation) and I've had no place to channel that astonishment.

Never mind. I got to watch the football last night and I can say with some confidence that never in the history of the beautiful game has such a Big Match been won by a team playing So Badly. Congratulations Arsenal. I'd add something about needing to play better that that if you're to avoid Total Humiliation in Paris but you could hardly play worse could you?

Must go now or they'll never let me out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home