This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Friday, March 31, 2006

For the gullible

This came off the fax at work yesterday, handwritten in the classic boxy print of the comprehensive education system victim:


Hi Laura

Just a quicky to let you know I am NOT pregnant after all.
phew! Just as well cos he was lousy in bed! I wish you hadn't
got me drunk. I wanted his brother, ha ha. maybe I should
accidentally on purpose bump into Nico instead. What do
you think? He looks like a BIG boy. Grrr.

By the way I lost the weight using Reductil from www dot
medbargain.co.uk. They also sell that valium and sleeping
tablet stuff you wanted.

Are you out tomorrow? I just got some SEXY shoes and need
to wear them in!

Call you later

Clare

nb I have edited this to remove the hyperlink which came up automatically when I typed the note verbatim.

Postscript: a high proportion of recent first time visitors are being drawn here by the reference to this mob. Fun and Games. Sadly no one has said they've received the above or similar. Not sure, therefore, why they're looking for this medbargain outfit. Shame really.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This came to our place of work.
    Not many people work here, but out of the 7 that do, we have a Nico and a Clare (but not a Laura) so it did cause us some confusion????

     
  • At 5:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also recieved via fax anon. Know of one other person who recieved this.

     
  • At 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WE ALSO RECIEVED A FAX, WAS QUITE FUNNY THO

     
  • At 5:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The same rubbish arrived on my home fax in England, it's sent witholding the telephone number.

     
  • At 10:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Arrived on the fax at work, it was very amusing but obviously an advertisement. Still, curiosity meant we had to look up this website to see what it was all about.

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work in a Primary School and it came via the fax to us too.
    Was rather alarming to say the least and yes, like many others, curiosity got the cat and I checked out the website.
    Are they getting paid per visitor to the site or what?

     
  • At 8:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi everyone

    I recieved this fax too and was really really distressed by it.

    I've emailed the company medbargain and asked if they have been advertising via fax they replied with a simple 'no'. I sent back saying I dispute that and would like details of their complaints procedure- so far no reply.

    i'm not giving up on this and have contacted the advertising standards agency in the hope that they can do something!

     
  • At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am drawn by the fax like a moth to the inevitable flame!!!

    I'm more interested in the sexy shoes!

     
  • At 11:55 am, Blogger Enyo said…

    When this turned up the interest in it was mild, to say the least. I thought it was weird enough to comment on without appreciating the level of interest it would stir up.

    I didn't imagine that it would cause anyone serious distress and I'm sorry it has. This obviously was organised and must be of interest to the company concerned if they didn't initiate it.

    If you get anything out of advertising standards I'd love to know. Good luck.

     
  • At 8:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes i've heard back from advertising standards and they're investigating and told me they've recieved a high volume of complaints with regards to this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home