This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quiet, and even a bit of peace

The house is empty but for me and the cat who is curled up on the floor on the business side of the bathroom. I can only get in sideways, so no more tea for me for now. Autumn arrived this week, although still not cold (or even cool) the skies are different and it is much windier. In this part of the country, near the North Sea, the autumn winds can be brutal. Also the days are getting shorter, I'm sitting here pecking away at the keyboard and my screen is a rectangular pool of light in deep gloom.

Since getting home from work I've watched the repeat of Lost in peace. The Fat Bastard has taken The Infant to visit his mother. I'm not sure why Becky's so enthused by these closing episodes of Series II. Perhaps I'd enjoy them more if I wasn't constantly alert to the sound of the family coming back.

Several of those who went out last night made it to work; and some of them started an hour earlier than me. On the other hand they are half my age so I'd expect them to have better powers of recuperation than me. And then one of them let slip that they'd all baled out within half an hour of me going.

Ha! The youth of today have no stamina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home