This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Hypothetically speaking ... and what does this mean?

The Infant has taken to camping. I enjoyed myself too. So let's imagine for a moment that next year (this year's camping season being all but over) we go camping again. Not necessarily with the Fat Bastard in tow, of course.

This is speculative, but assuming it might happen and hypothetically only we're in the market for a tent; not one of the two person tents we took with us, but something a bit more substantial. Two women in a two person for days on end isn't feasible, particularly when one of them's my Infant. Besides I need somewhere I can get dressed with just a bit of dignity.

So we're in the market for a family tent and I'm a total babe in these particular woods.

I'm stumbling about the internet hopping from one outdoor/camping supplier to another and in my travels I've found the following advert for a Khyam Indiana 6 Family Tunnel Tent.

A family tunnel tent with 3 bedroom inners that can be interchanged or removed
completely to either maximize living space or maximise the number of berths (up
to a maximum of 6) (ideal for Mormons). This tent also offers a 2.4m x 2.4m
central living area, front and rear exits and a generous sun canopy with two
steel upright poles provided. The flysheet is made from double-coated
Weatherweave 2oz polyester with fully taped seams giving a hydrostatic head of
3000mm. The inner tents are breathable polyester and the groundsheets are
polyethylene. The frame is a fibreglass (colour coded) pole construction with
ring and pin system. Living area groundsheet comes as standard.

I've spent too much time reading these adverts. I can read 'double-coated' and 'fully-taped seams' and 'hydrostatic head of 3000mm' without batting an eye-lid. I'm on the way to becoming a camping geek. Who would have thought? I suppose a Greek Goddess ought to be able to take the outdoors in her out-sized stride but this is an unanticipated turn of events.

In fact the only thing that puzzled me reading this advert is the reference to mormons. Ideal for mormons? What the hell does that mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home