This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, July 31, 2006

How I started the day (and how it ended)

I think it is fairly obvious that I struggle to post when I'm down.... so don't expect much for the next week... So this is by way of temporarily (I hope) closing off.

I started the day by sketching out a somewhat (okay, very) sarky post about how we need to give careful and serious consideration to banning Hollywood given the manifestly malign influence it has - not only on those watching from without, but particularly on insiders.

My comments were in part inspired by Meg writing about that certified Fruit Loop Tom Cruise (if in doubt read up on comments around first marriage break-up, second marriage break up, Brooke Shields post partum depression etc etc etc, not to mention his 'religious' beliefs). But what really got me typing away was the conjunction of Big Phil (Australia's Attorney-General) calling for the inane TV program Big Brother to be banned and Mel Gibson, another notorious Fruit Loop, being nicked for falling off the wagon (and then clambering into his motor vee-hickle) and then after failing to flee the scene uttering a stream of obscenity-littered anti-judaism.

Is this news, I asked myself as the rest of the world looked on in amazement at the spectacle of (a) Mel Gibson drinking and (b) Mel Gibson holding forth with an anti-jewish diatribe?

Anyway it was good, or so I like to think.

However ... my life has gone a bit pear shaped in the space of the last few hours. It might take me a week to come to terms with what has happened today and post about it. The good news is that even at this early stage I can see that real good might come of it so I'm not about to hurl myself under a train or anything: I've been in need of a metaphorical kick up the backside to resolve the absurd living arrangements we're all enduring and I just might have been given it.

More as soon as I can ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home