This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

?

How's that for a snappy post title? Actually I was about to go to bed and try and sleep (it is slightly cooler so sleep isn't entirely out of the question) when I noticed that someone has posted a cryptic comment in response to a recent post. So I thought I'd give this post a somewhat cryptic title and that was the best I could come up with at short notice and at this time of the morning.

I have noticed that some bloggers either don't have a comment facility or lay down rules (for example by using the option available to only accept non-anonymous comments). I haven't bothered to do that and I'm not about to. I've had a couple of idiot comments but that's probably par for the course and done by the same sort of person as went down our High Street in the early hours of last Sunday morning tipping up all the hanging baskets that the shop keepers had put up for our Garden Festival.

I haven't acquired a cyber-stalker.

I take the view that people should be free to leave random, irrelevant and even incomprehensible comments if they wish and I will only change my position when their comments become a problem for me or other people. In the mean time I shall consider myself at liberty to (a) write random, irrelevant and even incomprehensible posts and (b) comment randomly, irrelevantly and even incomprehensibly on the blogs of other people.

I hasten to add that I haven't actually left a random, irrelevant or I hope incomprehensible comment on anyone else's blog (yet).

On the other hand I also reserve the right to proceed on the assumption that anyone who can't be arsed to identify him or herself in commenting is writing stuff I'm entitled to feel I really can't be arsed to read let alone give consideration to.

So there. Oh and I did once unintentionally comment on someone else's blog anonymously (but non-cryptically so I expected to be recognised). If I was recognised and that person reads this - I put my hands up to just possibly being the tiniest bit hypocritical. If I wasn't recognised then I don't have a problem, do I (apart from all the usual ones)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home