This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Monday, June 19, 2006

Yet more World Cup

All in all a good weekend for Australian sport: Ogilvy won the US open (golf), Hewitt won the Stella (tennis) and Australia went toe-to-toe with Brazil (football). Georgina Turner's entertaining minute-by minute account of the match can be read here - and will also be attached to the end of the post, for reasons I can't explain.

In so far as the last event is concerned we emerged without a point but with the vast bulk of the plaudits, which was all the more credible for having got to half time with the scoreline 0-0 and the platitudes of the commentators ringing in our ears for a plucky half of football against the green and yellow gods of the game.

Nil-nil at full time against Croatia will be sufficient to carry us through to the last 16 (assuming Japan don't beat Brazil - hmmn).

I'm still sulking about having missed the Portugal game, and since I threw my World Cup planner out at the height of my fit of pique I've not got ready recourse to an alternative source of information on when they next might play in a match that doesn't clash with my work schedule.

Sod it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home