This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Iconically Aussie

Something I've been meaning for some time to mention again and bring into sharper focus is 'my other list'. In fact I've gone so far as to deploy technology to bringing this pet project of mine into some semblance of order. It isn't ready to inflict on a totally unprepared public. So this is something by way of preparation...
  • Lamingtons (and a thousand other things I can't get here)
  • Puffing Billy
  • The Balwyn Baths
  • The Valhalla Cinema
  • The Penguin Parade
  • Ballarat
  • A Tram Ride
  • Carols by Candlelight at the Sydney Myer Music Bowl
  • Gog and Magog
  • The water window at the Art Gallery

Some of the above are not on My Other List, because I thought of them now, as I was typing this post. I'm a home sick ex-pat Aussie who misses the things she grew up on or with ... and laments those she won't be able to share with her daughter.

'My Other List' is, apart from people, the places I need to visit again or for the first time, the sights I need to see (or hear or smell), the things I need to eat and drink, that which I want desperately to experience.

If, by any chance, you're an Aussie, what 10 iconic things could you not bear to be parted from?

The above 10 are not my definitive 10 because some are too intensely personal, but they undoubtedly appear on my other list somewhere. What's at the top of yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home