This Is My Affair

Because he's worth it ...

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Misogamistic

The Fat Bastard has taken my daughter to visit his mother in London. I should not be so ungracious and any signed-up member of Father's For Justice might see in me the epitome of the Ex-wife (not that I am yet) As Bitch.

In fact all I want is for him to get her back safely.

I've given up hope of him seeing how hurtful his behaviour is. I know his mother has baled us out again financially and I'm grateful for that, of course, but my mother has never seen her grand daughter, barely spoken to her. She's not hugged her, kissed her, cuddled her. So how can they feel they've missed out or been deprived.

We have a crisis coming up in January and on her birthday when we're both supposed to be working all day. He wants to send her away to his mother for the entire weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. But it is her birthday, and she is my baby and I'm not having her away from me ALL weekend.

There must be an alternative. If there were not I might have to swallow the rising gorge and let it happen, but he won't even look for an alternative and time is passing by. Of course she'd love it and on another weekend I would not feel so strongly about it.

But...

I'd live in fear that she'd take my daughter to a gathering of the particular sect she is attached to, stuffing my child's impressionable mind with their particular brand of gynaephobia, misogynism, homophobia, racism and general narrowness of vision of humanity.

To a lesser extent I fear what she'd say about me and about my intention to return home to Australia. This godawful country is not home, never will be, and I married on the understanding that we would live in Australia rather than here. I admit my view, my attitude is heavily coloured by the misery I've endured in and as a result of my foolish marriage; that things are not as bad as I have felt them to be.

I will take her out there, down there, back home with me and she will become wholly Australian. There she'll get a robust education and acquire the hard veneer which will serve her so well in this diabolical 'man's world'.

He has family out there including a sister of his mother and her family; there would be no restrictions on him travelling there regularly to visit given that he's British and Australia is a Commonwealth country, beyond the basic Visa requirement. And although I would never sponsor his settlement out there, and he'd never reach the points qualification without such support, I would never stand in his way of travelling out and letting him have access to my daughter. I'd never seek a divorce either.

After marriage to him, marriage holds no appeal. In the abstract I can still appreciate both its appeal and its societal value but viscerally I am indubitably misogamistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home